Since 1977, the N.C. Arts Council’s Grassroots Arts Program has provided North Carolina citizens access to quality arts experiences. The program distributes funds for the arts in all 100 counties of the state primarily through partnerships with local arts councils.
Eligibility for Application
• All organizations must have been in operation for at least one year. While nonprofit 501(c)(3) status is preferred, organizations that are nonprofit in nature may also apply.
• All organizations must reside and carry out projects within the county they are applying for funds.
• Individuals are not eligible to apply for Grassroots Arts funds.
• Applications and support materials must be completed and received by the due date.
• All projects must take place between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
• Grant amounts range from $500 and up.
Examples of arts programs that are commonly funded with Grassroots funds include:
• Art Exhibitions
• Arts camps and after-school programs
• Artist Residencies for schools
• Artist fees for classes and workshops
• Marketing for arts programs
Grassroots money may not be used for the following:
• Art, music, and dance therapists
• Purchase of artwork
• Capital expenditures
• Fundraising events
• School band activities or equipment
• Tuition for academic study
Each subgrantee is required to submit a final report providing a detailed description of the funded project, participation statistics and demographics, sample marketing and program materials using the N.C. Arts Council credit line and logo, and copies of their legislative letters.
Download the application and return it back to us at the Vance County Arts council: Subgrant-Application-FY23-24.pdf